Tuesday 10 May 2011

my first swap-bot!

















I read about this on Dara's (aka ravenastoria) blog A Very Good Coat Rack and just had to sign up. It's called Swap-bot. If you don't know or haven't done it yet... have a look, it's pretty amazing if you love getting mail and trading arts and crafts with people. You find a swap that interests you, join it, then you get assigned a random 'partner' whom you create work for and send it to them. And another random person does the same and sends it to you... simple!

This is my first which was called 'doodle, doodle, doodle', and is being sent to the U.S of A tomorrow :) the swap involved creating an 8x11'' doodle that covers the page, and you can use your 'partners' profile as inspiration. It also required a note on the back, and a flat/paper made 'surprise' (I did an illustrated origami!) I hope my receiv-ee likes them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to do one! These are all new to me too. :) and thanks for the link! Maybe we'll get each other one day!

    -Dara

    ps. This is my username from my illustration blog!

    ReplyDelete